wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago

The Packers appear set to get three big contributors back against the Chargers or shortly thereafter. The Green Bay Packers  sit at 7-1 after half of their season has gone by, and they are right in the thick of the hunt for a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs . Their odds of achieving that goal may have just increased, thanks to reinforcements heading their way in the coming days.
For the last month, the Packers have found their offensive identity despite missing their best wide receiver. Davante Adams  has been out for the past four games with turf toe, but the Packers have gone undefeated in that stretch and have seen Aaron Jones  and Aaron Rodgers  kick the unit into high gear. On Friday before the team flew to Los Angeles for their week 9 game against the Chargers , head coach Matt LaFleur revealed that Adams  would receive the questionable tag on the injury report, suggesting that he is a good bet to play on Sunday.
As APC’s Peter Bukowski noted on Twitter , most players whom the Packers have labeled as questionable this season have played on Sunday, though often on a limited basis. Therefore, the same can be expected for Adams barring any unexpected setbacks. If Adams does play, he would likely see a fairly heavy dose of Casey Hayward , a former Packers teammate and the Chargers’ top cornerback.
But Adams is not the only contributor who seems headed back onto the field. Two other Packers players have practiced over the past few weeks on the comeback trail from reserve injury lists. Tight end Jace Sternberger  is one, and his return to the 53-man roster from injured reserve seems all but assured before kickoff on Sunday.
A third-round rookie out of Texas A&M, Sternberger played just one game in the preseason due to a concussion he suffered in a joint practice with the Houston Texans . The 6-foot-4, 251-pounder caught one pass — a two-yard touchdown — in the preseason finale before injuring his knee later in the game and going on injured reserve just after final cuts. Week 9 is the first time he will be eligible to return to the roster, but with the Packers holding a roster spot open after releasing tight Evan Baylis  on Tuesday and Robert Tonyan  still working his way back from an injury of his own, that spot is all but a lock to go to Sternberger.
Joining the rookie on the comeback trail is safety Ibraheim Campbell , who re-signed with the Packers during training camp and began 2019 on the Physically Unable to Perform list. Campbell  impressed in a brief stint with the Packers last season, recording 18 total tackles and a forced fumble in just three games after being picked up on waivers from the New York Jets . However, he tore his ACL in the week 13 loss to the Arizona Cardinals , and has been working his way back since.
As a dense body at 5-foot-11 and 210 pounds, Campbell  is an ideal fit for the hybrid safety/linebacker spot that defensive coordinator Mike Pettine likes to use. In fact, had he been healthy all offseason he may have been the first choice up at that spot instead of Raven Greene , who is currently on IR. Look for him to contribute early and often as a nickel or dime linebacker once he is reactivated.
LaFleur mentioned both of these players on Friday in addition to discussing Adams , noting that they made it through the last three weeks of practice with no issues and appear healthy enough to play. Both must be added to the roster no later than next week, and with one roster spot available, at least one will get the call-up by Sunday. However, with the Packers in need of depth at both players’ positions, do not be surprised if the team frees up a spot on the roster to add them both to the 53 on Saturday.

Continue Reading @ Evan "Tex" Western 

Evan "Tex" Western wrote:

GB has 1 slot open for 2 players. Look for them to add Sternberger this week and Campbell next week. The only question is who to release. my guess is that Tim Williams is the old man out.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
So if Sternberger is activated, do you think Tonyan plays?
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago

So if Sternberger is activated, do you think Tonyan plays?

Originally Posted by: KRK 

good question. I don't know.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
It will be interesting to see how Aaron Rodgers plays with Adams back in the fold.
Will he stop looking at other guys, or continue on spreading the ball around?
If he keeps doing what he has the last 4 games, then this offense could start burying other teams!
Adams on the field will give an extra thing for defenses to worry about!
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago
I almost feel like it would be smart to let Adams rest for 1 more week. Just to be safe.

Although, Adams did say that he wouldn’t play unless he was 100% with this injury due to the possibility of further damage. So hopefully he & the medical staff get it right.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (1h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (3h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (3h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (3h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (4h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (4h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (15h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (16h) : damn those vikings
beast (17h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (17h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (17h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (17h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.